JUSTIN ALEX PARAMANANDAN
Asquith, New South Wales 2077, Australia
Certified Atlassian Jira, Jira Service Desk and System Administrator • Consultant, Digital Business Analysis
- Complete dedication to assist customers in providing solutions.
- Maintained an average 85% score in monthly customer satisfaction surveys.
- Upfront discussions with customers in guiding and understanding their needs before providing the final solution to their problems.
- The first to pick up knowledge in new technology and techniques to improve customer experience and satisfaction, while the expertise and exceptional communication skills gained were used to train new starters.
- Provide new ideas to team leaders and managers to improve the team’s synergy and working lifestyle.
- A university graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science coupled with more than 8 years of experience with supporting customers in Atlassian products such as Jira Core, Jira Software, Jira Service Desk and Confluence.
- Atlassian Jira Core
- Atlassian Confluence
- Atlassian Jira Software
- Atlassian Jira Service Desk
- MySQL Database
- PostgreSQL Database
- Linux / Unix
- Shell and Bash Scripting
- Agile Methodology
- Customer-Centric Relations
- Java VM Arguments
- Ideas to Team Leads and Managers
- Brown Bag Organisation
- ACP-100 Atlassian Certified Jira Administrator
- ACP-400 Atlassian Certified Jira Service Desk Administrator
- ACP-500 Atlassian Certified System Administrator
- ASB-112 Atlassian Skills Badge: Email in Jira
Brown Bag Sessions
- Internal Escalation Procedures (November 2011)
- Customer Support Experience (August 2012)
- Basic Linux/Unix Usage (December 2014)
- User Management Fundamentals (October 2018)
Consultant, Digital Business Analysis
IAG Ltd - Sydney, Australia
October 2019 - Present
Senior Atlassian Consultant
ServiceRocket Pty Ltd - Sydney, Australia
July 2018 – October 2019
- Conduct workshops with customers to better understand their requirements, pain points and needs to improve their business.
- Deployed Jira Service Desk for customers to support their ITIL service request management, HR processes and customer service management.
- Worked closely with customers to improve their current Jira environment, perform upgrades and provide best usage practices to ensure that daily productivity and tasks management is enhanced.
- Facilitated Jira training for a banking firm to both new and existing users. This training includes the usage of Jira Core for issue tracking, Jira Software for Agile management and Tempo Timesheets to track employee work logs.
- Worked closely with management and the consulting team to fine-tune processes and collaboration to ensure that we achieve success in our daily consultation work.
- Mentor graduate consultants on application knowledge, best practices and integrations.
ServiceRocket Pty Ltd - Sydney, Australia
November 2015 – June 2018
- Performed Jira upgrades for enterprise customers.
- Deployed Jira Service Desk for a financial institution to support their invoice requests management, in addition to providing a reporting mechanism on SLAs and requests resolutions.
- Worked closely with customers to improve their current Jira environment, while providing best usage practices to ensure that daily productivity and tasks management is enhanced.
- Facilitated Jira training to both new and existing users. This training include the usage of Jira for issue tracking, Jira Software for agile management and Tempo Timesheets to track employee worklogs.
- Worked closely with management and the team to fine-tune processes and collaboration, to ensure that we achieve success in our daily consultation work.
Atlassian Business Analyst
Design Industries - Melbourne, Australia
April 2015 – September 2015
- Met clients to discuss their business and transform their requirements into user stories, so that they can be delivered in a tangible manner.
- Design and wrote up user stories for proposal reporting to potential clients.
- Review customers' Atlassian Jira post migration tasks, and provided solutions and recommendations to improve their current usage and best practices.
- Deployed Jira Service Desk on an education services provider's environment, in addition to predefined SLAs and automation functionalities to support their help desk processes.
- Deployment of Jira Service Desk for Design Industries to ensure support issues are handled more efficiently and effectively.
- Internal discussions on the problems and improvements of Design Industries's in-house Atlassian applications; so that employees are not affected by any issues, and their work delivery are as productive as ever.
Enterprise Application Engineer
ServiceRocket Sdn Bhd - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
April 2014 – March 2015
- Provided system and application level administration support and advise to Qantas for their Jira and Confluence environments. These included consultation on project and space administration and Groovy scripts programming.
- Facilitated an upgrade task of the Jira and Confluence instances customers.
- Provide support to ServiceRocket Add-Ons customers.
- Assist in designing Jira workflows, Agile Boards, project outlines and configured backend enhancements to ensure that customers are able to perform their daily routine with ease.
- Discussions with manager and support team lead on improvements and ideas.
- Guided team to some technical skills on Jira and Confluence.
- Constant collaboration with developers to identify bugs that should be delivered with high priorities.
- Started up a support knowledge base for engineers to refer to, and to inculcate knowledge sharing.
Alaric International - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
June 2013 – March 2014
- Provided support and troubleshooting steps to clients in regards to the Authentic application deployments.
- Provided suggestions and ideas to the management for support improvements.
- Became an interim Jira administrator to design workflows for the development and support team.
- Suggested best practices in administering Jira to ensure that their Jira instance can be managed properly and without issues.
- Analysed performance issues and suggested workarounds to fix them.
Java Software Engineer
Comptel Communications - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
December 2012 – May 2013
- Developed and maintain the source code of a number management system.
- Worked in a scrum development team to provide timed deliverables to end users.
Atlassian Hosted Support Engineer
Customware Asia Pacific - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
October 2011 – December 2012
From October 2011, I was placed to be the Atlassian support engineer for Jira Studio and Hosted Operations Solutions (now Atlassian Cloud). This task is similar to the earlier Jira and GreenHopper (now Jira Software) support, with the only difference was that I'll be supporting other Atlassian products as well (Confluence and Crowd).
This task increased my knowledge in terminologies and technological elements such as networking and database. I took the time to also develop skills for integration of Jira Studio and Atlassian OnDemand with Zendesk and Stash, as well as written down shell scripts that implements SOAP and REST APIs.
- Average 85% customer satisfaction results, based on surveys calculated.
- Provided a migration solution for Taser from the Enterprise Hosted Jira platform to an on premise Jira platform.
- Assisted HiQ with another migration from Atlassian Jira Studio to on-premise instances of Jira and Confluence.
- Written a Java application to perform groups renaming for a smooth migration from the Enterprise Hosted Jira instances to OnDemand instances.
- Written a shell script to rename Jira attachments from ID-based file names to contextual file names for auditing purposes.
- Overseen upgrade processes and schedules for big name companies, including Mobile Travel Technologies and Nemetschek Bulgaria.
- Provided customization, development and usage solutions to Atlassian products.
- In constant communication with customer, while creating a bond between end users and engineers through social networking.
- Continued communication with Atlassian support teams across the world.
- Mentored juniors to familiarize with the supported products.
Atlassian Jira and GreenHopper Support Engineer
Customware Asia Pacific - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
November 2010 – October 2011
Started work as an Atlassian Jira Support Engineer in December 2010 after a month of training. The scope of the job involve communication with customers, administrators and end-users of Atlassian Jira to provide support, troubleshooting and ideas to improve the end-users requirements.
In March 2011, I was given the task to support GreenHopper customers. The task not only involve support for them, but the understanding of the methodology and concept of Scrum and Agile management.
- Helped improve and streamline internal processes.
- Helped improve documentation of products to minimize support load.
- Constant communication and remote pairing with Atlassian support team across the region (Amsterdam, Sydney, San Francisco and Porto Alegre).
- Replicated customer environment to enable the replication and debugging of customer issues.
- Guided the juniors to familiarize with the supported products.
RMIT Bachelor's of Computer Science
Taylor’s University - Petaling Jaya, Selangor
February 2006 – July 2010